Friday, January 20, 2006

Don Corleone

Greetings upon this twilit afternoon in merry January. A north-westerly wind blows through the neighbours' pine-trees as I type this solitary web sonnet, sitting comfortably in a black wooden fold-up with a thick-set oaken pipe...

That's mostly all rubbish actually.

Film Review - Jarhead (Ang Lee). It's good. See it.

Film Review - It's All Gone Pete Tong. Amusing, but crude. If you've never seen a Coke Badger, you will be enlightened by this film.

1 John 5v1-5

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I saw Jarhead today, and for once I have to disagree with you; I thought that although it does accurately portray the life of a soldier, the actual plot (if you can actually call it that), was leaky at best, and the constant swearing and sexual innuendo’s presented even annoyed me – this shows how bad it actually is.

Sorry man!! Btw, you coming to the CU ball??

Take Care

Daniel

4:18 AM  
Blogger TJC said...

Sorry dude, think that wkend will be problematical. Wkend the 18th is still good for me if it is for you though.

KTF

PostScript..

The plot of Jarhead is based on Anthony Swofford's diaries, who was a participating private in the Gulf War, so hence plot is on a diary basis.
I know what you mean about the sexual innuendo, put me off as well, but i don't think it was unnecessary - it is a war film after all...

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home