Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Savoy Declaration

"Then I said, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth". But the Lord said to me, "Do not say 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord". "

- Jeremiah 1:6-8 (ESV)

Sunday greetings. This is a verse that I've been meditating on a lot recently. It's content, I find, is encouraging in two ways for young people. Firstly, there's the fact that Jeremiah was himself obviously a youth, and yet the Lord chose him to become a prophet to the nation of Israel! So much for adults running everything. Secondly, the words themselves. I don't know about you, but so often, especially in a church situation, you can feel a little dispensible and shunted aside, as if your presence makes no difference whatsoever to church life. I'm sure this isn't just an issue if you are a youth, but it probably makes it more of an issue. But here, God is saying, outright, that it doesn't matter about your age, because if He has chosen you to be of service in some way, He will be with you. Just as much as with an experienced pastor or elder. He knows what He's doing when he chooses a disciple for a job.

Okay, that's really one point and not two, but my writing on here is more stream-of-consciousness than anything else. So excuse me if any confusion occurs.

Well, happy days and peaceful nights for a while, until the blogmeister returns.

KTF

Tom

Reading - The Penelopiad (Margaret Atwood)

Partying to - Crimson (Alkaline Trio)

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Well hello there!

What does KTF mean - please say "kill the French", even if it isn't true. Just got back to uni and thought instead of working I'd read your blog and, to be perfectly hones, m very disappointed! I actually understood at least half of it and therefore do not believe that this is the real Thomas Cox, but is instead a doppelganger of some description. With that said stay in touch.

Your bro in Christ

Dan

10:04 PM  
Blogger TJC said...

lol must be growing up. hope not though! KTF - keep the faith, but kill the french does it for me. will stay in touch, might even post on your blog if you're lucky!! peace, love tx

PS doppelganger? either you've actually learnt something at uni, or you're not dan :-D

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home