Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Cellar Door

So I was sitting here, at my father's laptop (because the two house computers which we've managed to accumulate second-hand are both screwed up, not an unknown condition for Cox PCs), drinking Mango Indica and listening to Cypress Hill. Reading through random blogs about people's lives on the net, I realised how little I have written about anything I've ever done. Ever. So here goes...

Erm.. OK maybe I've never really done much. But what has come to me is the best beginning to an autobiography I've ever read:

"Shall we begin like David Copperfield? I am born, I grow up. Or shall we begin when I was born to darkness, as I call it. That's really where we should start, don't you think? "

Which is from that revered work of literature, Interview with the Vampire (Anne Rice).

So here's what went on at Christmas and the birth of the NY, minus a lot of important events and by-the-bys...

~~~

The return of the family. This is always nice, really. To anybody who thinks their brothers and sisters just get the hell on their nerves, wait 'til they move out. So we spent some time chilling, exchanging the traditional presents (some very nice Misfits and Mescaleros CDs, cookbooks, toaster tongs and and espresso machine amongst them), having a festive laugh, winding up various girlfriends (not all mine, I hasten to add - I'm not Asian, Brad Pitt or a nerk) and just generally having a crazy, coffee-and-port-loaded time.

It was very pleasant also to see some good friends again, who have proceeded their adventure in life to university or other such institutions of conformist brainwashing . Ha ha, only messing. It did deem rather expensive seeing a couple of these dear people however, as they insisted on me buying every round of coffee in Costa. Ah well. When you're me, the only way you can get friends is to spend money. My dearest darling girl bought me the Family Guy film to celebrate the birth of our Saviour, which I have watched upon two occasions. Mirth. Dan was here to be a chauffeur, which is not a bad calling in life for someone like him, although he does talk quite a lot.

Overall, it was a memorable and peaceable Yuletide, which is a major and infrequent event in this depressing world. But not to sound old. My fingers, head and eyes are all fairly fatigued, so I won't say "thankyou for my food, please may I get down", but I will say goodnight, and keep your New Year's resolutions.

Love more.

KTF

Tom

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Well I'm glad you got some use out of me!! Was good to see you- I'm sure when I get back I'll lift you again; if you're lucky!

Take Care

Dan

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home