Sunday, April 04, 2010

Shoulders

Sitting at my desk this morning, reading portions of the Bible and Desiring God and Jim Packer's Knowing God, I realise how little I pray.

I realise how much I try to be a good Christian by reading a lot and talking a lot and by increasing my knowledge of Christian things, of doctrine. I realise how easily the devil's lies take hold in my heart about what I know not who I know. How little desire I have to talk with the God I proclaim to love!

I realise exactly how much I need God to give me the grace to even have the desire to pray, to break through the apathy caused by comfort, boredom, distractions, anxiety of the future. My experience, and more importantly, the Bible's unchanging truth, tells me that God is the God of every area of life, that He is bigger than my worries, and turning to Him is the answer for everything.

How I need to learn this truth every day, and stop seeing it as a one-off which I have sussed.

Praise God for his glorious grace and patience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home